Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fabulous Fall Foliage

We just came experienced our first fall foliage season here in Keene Valley . . . there really are no words to describe it! Because of a very wet summer, the colors were exceptionally brilliant. The only "downside" was that when leaves were at peak color, it was rainy and cloudy for a week - making it hard to get good pictures.

These photos are a combination of mine and some my friend, Valerie, took while she was here. (Hers are the professional looking ones!) Although the leaves were a little past peak, I think you'll get the idea of how stunning the foliage was. More than once while driving, we just pulled off the road and marveled (and took pictures!).




Hey - all you skiers! This is Whiteface Mountain . . . highest vertical drop in the east. The clouds were so low that day that you could only see the bottom of the mountain. But the leaf color was stunning.


This is my favorite picture of the whole season. If only I could put sound effects with it so you could hear the river babble.

This is the Ausable River - right across the road from our house. Me and the best Daddy a girl could ever have!







There is a huge mountain right behind that tree. Honest! Even with the fog, it was still a beautiful day - almost ethereal.



This is our favorite market stand . . . our friends, Doug and Cheryl, live at Maistar Farm and provide the valley with beautiful organic produce.

I love the multi-colored carpet in the woods. I found myself looking down with as much delight as I looked up.


I finally made it to the top of Snow Mountain (the mountain right behind our house)

and this is what I saw!

Here's where God spilled His paint bucket!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMY! The pictures are beautiful! My favorite is your favorite one. I will just imagine the soothing sounds the creek makes.

My heart thrills over what God has done in your lives. Please give each other a hug from us. We love you guys and really hope to visit someday.
Denise C.