Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Tribute

I want to pay tribute to a special lady who was the BIGGEST FAN of my blog! Fay Bruaw (my friend Karen's mom) delighted in following our adventures here at the Snow Goose. In fact, she was such a devoted fan that she actually printed out each one of my blog entries and compiled them in a book that she showed to whomever she could capture long enough!


Fay was a creative, spunky, generous, independant, determined, stylish lady who loved gourmet cooking and entertaining friends and family. She especially loved anything and everything to do with cats. After our move to NY, many inquired about our children's transition ... but Fay wrote to me on several occasions wondering how our two cats were adjusting!


Fay passed away this past Monday. She will be deeply missed by her family and friends. I am blessed to have known her and I will miss knowing that she's reading my adventures. But in heaven, who knows... maybe she'll be watching from a whole different perspective!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Fay was a dear, dear lady who will always hold a special place in our hearts and in our memories. She loved you as one of her own. I'm sure she will do her best to inspire your writings from her place in heaven.

We love you and treasure your friendship and your love for us and our family. We look forward to seeing you all real soon.

Love Ya Lots,
Wes, Karen, and Kara Schock

robstop said...

What a great testimony to have special people in your life that actually believe in you and care about what you care about!

Amy, you and Wayne inspire and encourage many people and it is my prayer that you find others like Fay throughout the rest of your journey.
Rob