Saturday, April 25, 2009

80 Degrees Arrives in Keene Valley (briefly!)

Today was absolutely gorgeous ... sunny with a piercing blue sky and a thermometer reading that made one do a double-take! Since my last blog entry featured MUD, I thought I would treat you to a more scenic view of the Adirondacks in spring!

All day as we worked around the yard, we heard the roaring of water. By mid-afternoon, my curiosity was getting the best of me. I took a break and hiked through the woods to Deer Brook - which is usually a sweet little gurgling stream. As you can see, it is gushing with snowmelt from Snow Mountain. That's what 80 degrees will do!



So how do you end a picture perfect spring (summer-like) day?

You find one of the last remaining snowbanks and make home-made ice cream!

I'd write more, but the ice cream is ready. Gotta run ... Yum!

2 comments:

Deb said...

beautiful, Amy,you are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful place!! thanks for sharing!

robstop said...

Today it is 92 degrees and sunny here in PA. The stream actually looks refreshing although I am sure it is cold as ice!