Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summertime, and the Livin' is Easy ...





 I've had a tune singing itself in my head the past few days ... a phrase, over and over .... "Summertime... and the living is easy ...." 

I have no idea where I've heard this song before, but ... surprise ... it turns out that it is, indeed, a real song!  And I found a wonderful rendition by two legendary musicians.  I suggest that you click on this video and let it play while I share some of my favorite summer moments (so far) with you.   And when you're done reading, just sit back, close your eyes, listen and let the simple joys of summer "ease" into your bones while the song finishes.

You'll feel better when the song ends ... I promise!





An ordinary morning became memorable when this ethereal creature chose to grace my porch for the day ... glowing with a sense of beauty and peace every time I looked at her.


 One of the fun things about belonging to a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) is that we get to see vegetables as they really ARE ... not the perfectly sized, colored and waxed kind that line the supermarket shelves.  Today, I found these two "lovebird" carrots in my veggie box.  They made me smile ... love is truly everywhere if we just have eyes to see.


Remember my mama bird?  Her babies are all grown up  now.  They've flown off to their adventures.  I kinda of miss them, but I'm glad to have my porch back!


My baby bird sure does LOVE her pomegranate seeds!


I love when the sunlight filters through the trees, choosing one spot and illuminating it like a heavenly spotlight.  I can almost hear the Director whispering, "Look here ... see this?  This ordinary rock that you overlook every day?  It is beautiful, don't you think?"


Speaking of beautiful .....


We've had quite a few hot (for us) days lately.  While the swimming holes are full of laughing and splashing, I love finding quiet places to sit and read and think ...



and cool my feet ... perfect! 



 There is nothing quite like a good belly rub on a beautiful day from someone you love.  (I apologize for Bella's lack of modesty, but she was in bliss and just couldn't help herself!)  These two are having a lot of summer fun together ... fishing, walks, farmer's market and of course, belly rubs!



And long lazy afternoon snuggles


 

One of my "happy places" is our beautiful front porch which is beautiful at any time of the day, but especially as dusk falls ...



And last, but not least .... nothing says SUMMER like fireworks over the mountains. A celebration of family, community and country.  We are blessed!

Summertime and  the livin' is easy ....

No comments: