Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rooms Without Makeup

I confess that I love those "Stars Without Makeup" magazine spreads. The ones that make me think that I could walk right by an A-lister on the street and not even notice her. The ones that make me think that I, too, could light up a red carpet if I had a team of hair and makeup artists!


("Where is she going with this?" I hear you asking. Hang in there. It will make sense in a moment!)


The room is 99% finished, the guests are here and we are enjoying that limp, lazy, lounging "after-the-adrenaline-leaves" feeling - sort of meandering our way through this weekend doing small odds and ends and mostly just recovering from the crazy rush of the past week!

I know you all are waiting with bated breath (ok ... not really, but humor me here!) to see pictures of the new room. However, remember that 1% that is not done? The curtains and one dresser fall into that 1%. The curtains arrived the day AFTER the guests arrived and the dresser is scheduled for Monday or Tuesday. Gotta love online ordering!

I promise that I'll post room pictures after those two items take up residence in the room. For now, I will offer a teaser photo of the bathroom which IS finished! I absolutely love it. It makes me want to rent a room at the Snow Goose!

Actually, it makes me want to start renovating OUR bathroom ... but I don't think I'd better bring that up right now. That is sort of like a guy telling his wife that he wants another baby because the one she JUST delivered is so beautiful!!

Here is what the bathroom looked like just a few short weeks ago:


Pale, colorless, drab ... it reminds me of one of those "caught without makeup" pictures except that this is just really how it looked even on a good day!


And here (insert wild, happy drumroll!) is how it looks today:


Ahhh ... that's much better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! That bathroom is beautiful!!!Is the countertop made from the wood Wayne was working on in some of your other entries? You guys do wonderful, magazine worthy, work! Do you hire out to Camp Hill?

Denise C.

Kirsten said...

That is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job!! It looks fabulous!! Love the countertop - great job Wayne! All of your hard work, once again, has paid off. Keep up the good work. We can't wait until we are able to come back and visit the Snow Goose and the wonderful family who runs it.

We miss you here in PA.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty!!!! :) That tile and those colors are my favorite. Nice work guys. You should be so proud of your hard work!

Kathy Apple

Anonymous said...

Love the gorgeous results of that ard work!