Saturday, July 2, 2011

Introducing ...

There are three reasons why it has taken me so long to post a photo of the finished Passages room.

1) It wasn't finished! We were waiting on curtains and a dresser to arrive. We are STILL waiting on the special carved headboard and a few pictures for the walls, but I haven't seen the right ones yet!

2) We have been BUSY! As soon as the room was finished, we hit the ground running with guests. The summer season is in full swing and I find myself at the end of each day realizing that I never got around to posting a picture!

3) A picture... ahhh, yes. I have felt very frustrated in trying to photograph this room! My little "point and shoot" camera just doesn't do the job. After several unsuccessful tries, I think I have a photo I can live with. Until someone with a good camera comes to visit .... wink, wink!!

So with no further ado ...

Ok... one small ado! Let me remind you what this room used to look like.


A lot of our guests loved the room and told us that it reminded them of staying at their "grandma's house." However, it didn't fit with the atmosphere of the rest of the house which is more earthy and natural in decor.

Here is our newest "baby" ... hope you think it is as beautiful as we do!


Guests are loving the rich wood floor and especially the King-sized bed with a Sleep Number mattress (one of those ones where you can adjust each side to the firmness or softness you like!)After a long day on the trail, it feels pretty good! The other bed in the picture is the daybed which works great for a third person. We have a trundle as well, so you can bring the whole family!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Really beautiful colors. Floor looks great.

Enjoy your busy summer.

Denise C

Kirsten said...

Love the new room and rich colors! :)

robstop said...

Wow, great job! I was wondering if B&B owners sleep in each room after the renovations to gain first hand experience to share with their guests?
Rest and peace,
Rob