Monday, September 5, 2011

Two Scenes

It's been a week since Irene came to town. So how is Keene Valley doing? I snapped two photos this weekend that speak volumes ...

Yes - I was standing right in the middle of Route 73 ... passing through the heart of Keene Valley ... at rush hour ... on the Friday ... before Labor Day. No - I wasn't the least bit worried about getting run over.


Guess I don't need to say much more about that. Except - pray! There are a lot of businesses for whom the devastation is just beginning.


On a brighter note -


When life gives you mud .....


I smile everytime I drive past this sign. I love the spirit in this town! Despite all that's happened, there is a lot of humor and joy. People love their neighbors more than ever. And for those who don't ... well, there's plenty of mud to wrestle out any differences!

No comments: